The "pivot point" for addressing the matter will no longer be Sept. 15, as initially envisioned, when a full report on Bush's so-called "surge" plan is due, but instead will come this week when the interim mid-July assessment is released, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the draft is still under discussion.The United States has spent over $400 billion dollars in Iraq and lost 3600 U.S. Soldiers in four years yet there has been no measurable progress. Over 655,000 Iraqis are dead who would have otherwise been alive as a result of this war yet we still do not even know the real reason this war was started.
But another senior official said Bush's advisers, along with the president, decided last week there was not enough evidence from Iraq to justify a change now in current policy.
Freedom and Democracy for the Iraqi people is as likely as truth from Fox News. Those that took us to war based on lies are as responsible for needless death as the dictator they removed. No one has been held to account for the disaster that is current day Iraq.
The Bush administration cares more about the political ramifications of its actions then it does the senseless daily carnage that has engulfed Iraq. History will remember this administration as corrupt and inept and will forever judge President Bush as the worst president in our history.
It is obvious that this war will be left for the next administration to deal with. What can never be forgotten is that this is a Bush war and the calamity that is sure to come when its over will be solely on his head.